Relevant job, internship, volunteer, and workshop opportunities for the Arizona museum community.
To post a job, please send job title, job description, contact information, an end date or deadline, Web site address, and any other applicable information by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
CAVE CREEK MUSEUM
The Cave Creek Museum seeks an Executive Director of the Cave Creek Museum able to manage the ongoing operations of the Cave Creek Museum, a small community museum in the desert foothills of Phoenix. The collection houses artifacts from pre-history to current times. The major exhibits focus on archeology, military presence, ranching, mining, and showcase several historic structures. The Director receives broad direction from the Board of Directors, reporting directly to the Board President as immediate supervisor. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide charismatic leadership to the Cave Creek Museum. Serve as the experienced and influential representative of the Museum locally and in the regional community.
- Engage the Board as active participants in fundraising efforts, and in cultivating and identifying potential Board members.
- Provide inspirational leadership and well-conceived and executed management of the Cave Creek Museum staff and volunteers. Foster a culture of openness and collaboration between staff, volunteers and the Board of Directors so that each may be informed and enhance the others’ work.
- Provide skilled and diligent oversight of the Museum’s financial resources and operations. Work with the Board of Directors to provide leadership, information, and support that enhances the governance of the Museum; communicate to the Board with transparency and high-quality information to support sound policy decisions.
- Serve as the primary spokesperson and advocate for the Cave Creek Museum’s value to the community.
- Develop, with the Board, staff and key volunteers, a programming vision for the Museum’s programs and exhibitions
Fundraising & External Relations
• Cultivate major gifts and steward the institution’s most significant current and potential donors.
• Provide leadership in the creation and implementation of a development plan that includes membership; annual fund; donor cultivation, appreciation and retention; corporate and foundation relations; marketing; and actively explore new fundraising opportunities utilizing the Strategic Plan as a guide.
• Embrace the role of chief spokesperson and advocate for the Museum with professional organizations, funding agencies, businesses, governmental agencies, donors, other museums and non-profits, and the general public.
• Work in close collaboration with staff and volunteers to enhance the visitor experience before, during, and after a visit to ensure that visitors have a positive and enjoyable experience.
• Develop, implement, and accomplish the annual operating plan and budget of the organization as approved by the Board of Directors.
• Create a positive working environment for the entire organization, strong staff morale, and a culture of teamwork and mutual support among all staff.
• Maintains personnel, payroll and safety information required for the operation of the Museum.• Administers and oversees Museum’s Policies & Procedures regarding all Museum operations
• Oversee, along with guidance and support from the Board Treasurer and Finance Committee, budgeting, tax filings, and maintenance of correct and complete records required; maintain the healthy operation of the Cave Creek Museum under all federal, state, local rules and regulations in keeping with the best practices and standards of collecting museums.
• Oversee and support Museum standing committees and ad hoc committees.
Please send resume highlighting education; previous work with volunteers and non-profit boards to